Saturday, January 8
DEATH OF A JOURNALIST, ARREST OF A DEPUTY
Union
Republican Congressman, Mr. Casas, challenges Minister of State and Marina: Having been taken to a dark dungeon Mr. Serve, one day, at four in the afternoon, entered the room, in droves, three officers, one of which was Dimitri Ivanov, an officer of the Legion, of Russian nationality. This Luis asked: "Who are you?" "I Serve, journalist", "You are a murderer and now you will not kill anyone," I confused you, I'm confused. I am an honest man. I am a journalist. " They ignored these words of protest against the newcomers. A shoving pulled into the yard to Luis de Serve and there the officer Ivanov forcible unlocking him six shots with a pistol. They opened a suitcase carrying the reporter, it took some papers, they covered the body with a draw and were absent. In some houses nearby were heard the cries of Luis de Serve before dying. Keep talking
Mr. Casas. He says he has even denied the family the right to recover the corpse. Read a moving letter addressed by Father Luis Eduardo Serve Ortega y Gasset.
Minister of State and Navy replied that there should be more careful in the expression, especially when it comes to facts not shown. All I have to say, "he concludes, is that everyone who wears a uniform is incapable of such acts.
In the Caffè di Roma, right near home, browsing the newspaper and took coffee. The newspaper is an old issue of Heraldo de Madrid (November 22, 1934), then will go to La Fanciulla del West, the most picturesque Puccini opera, broadcast from New York. I am a very ambitious man: no more need to be happy.
And yet, before the start of the function, I have time to browse another number, a few days later. Just arrived
Ablana the civil guard forces of Oviedo, Mieres and Aller and a section of Assault Guards surrounded the village and approached a building owned by the widow of Montoto, owns a wine store, which surrounded. The head of the forces knocked on the doors and opened. When coming up the stairs, González Peña opened a balcony and looked him in shirts, being held at gunpoint by the civil guards. He turned quickly, went and met the chief, who was pointing a gun and ordered him to surrender. Did not raise the slightest resistance. It toilet, got dressed and made available to the authorities. Immediately, the Socialist deputy was taken to Oviedo. In the house of the widow of people living right Montoto, in spite of all were friends of Mr. Gonzalez Valle. Ablana The neighborhood has been surprised by the arrest of the revolutionary leader. Nobody saw him enter the village or at the home of the widow of Montoto. It is assumed that took the night to enter the village and take refuge in the house where he was found by Major Doval. Mr. González Peña middle region had to cross to hide in the mining town above. His arrest is the subject of all conversations in Oviedo.
Sunday, January 9
Another mistake these days I'm a little disappointed in myself. I've always tended to consider myself smarter than anyone and reality has always endeavored to prove otherwise. Despite all precautions possible, I've mistaken. "It's as if overnight you have changed by someone else," I say. "No, I have not changed. Is that for the first time you noticed me and I've noticed that I am a real person and not one of your fantasies. "
Again remember the phrase I heard in one of the Batman movies: "What fall? To learn how to stand up. "
The truth is that, over the years, I've learned to look at me with a certain detachment and irony. A friend always tells me I do not work, set to work. I'm afraid I also play many other things, for example, fall in love. And that, basically, despite how bad it happened, nothing I like better than to be rejected before taking on serious and have to stop playing.
I've fallen countless times, but never completely, except perhaps myself.
Monday, January 10
a boy who dreams
I have my shelter, places to hide, such as a child, the outrages of reality. "This is the beautiful city of Naples", starts the movie I bought at the Feltrinelli Alberto Sordi galleries during the last trip to Rome. And the camera lingers on the magnificent panorama which has been reproduced many times. Recognize trees the Villa Comunale, Castell del'Ovo about to slide over the water, the double silhouette of Vesuvius ... And then a train arrives at the station of Piazza Garibaldi and it drops an American, Clark Gable, who in one of the nearby streets, he encounters a disguised Queen Sophia Loren. The rest of the action takes place in Capri (distance from Naples' two hours of dizziness, "according to the protagonist). I soon desentiendo conventional vicissitudes and I make up another story, of which I am leading in the same scenarios. Man is a thinking reed, said Pascal. I'm just a boy who dreams.
happy after I fall asleep And told me a story.
Tuesday, January 11
THEORY AND REALITY OF FRANCISCO RICO
snuff
That, contrary to what you want the topic is not conducive to intellectual activity is something that we are seeing these days. Many blunders, by alleged intellectuals are writing about the alleged persecution of smokers! But all is over, published today, in the opinion section of The Country , my admired Francisco Rico, our first Petrarchan, the best editor of the classics. Begins by stating that the arguments against snuff lack of scientific rigor that The snuff is like olive oil, once thought to be bad for cholesterol and today we ponder its virtues (it is likely that, as she will soon be part of the "healthy Mediterranean diet.") The law defends the non-smokers is a blow to freedom, a sign of stupidity and cowardice. But the most fun of the tantrum as an article is not that, but the final apostille. Stating that the law "completely rejects the data, the will and the suffering of others, the individual sacrifices on the altar near a remote generic ideal," adds the following postscript: "In my life I smoked a single cigarette" . That gives more strength to his argument: no There is no particular interest in attacking this nefarious law that ignores "the suffering of others, sacrificing the individual at hand" (and everything to tell you not to smoke where smoking annoys others, where harm the health of others) .
But the few times I've seen the professor Francisco Rico've seen with a cigarette in his hand began to smoke in the auditorium while presenting a book of Emily Alarcos (had to call attention to the Rector and went to smoke outside with very bad manners) then began to smoke in the restaurant without the owner for false respect to academics, should dare to ask him to stop.
final indication Is that a joke? Is there a grammatical subtlety of fine analyst? You mean you never smoked a single cigarette smoked because they are always dozens? Or simply means that the famous Cervantes is also an irresponsible spoiled kid?
Wednesday, January 12 THREE YEARS
I called a radio program. How do you remember Angel Gonzalez in this day marks the third anniversary of his death, he asks. With sadness, I say. With the same sadness that he would feel upon seeing the mess that they have embarked those they loved most. "Whenever a woman took me by the nose" wrote. Now a woman's nose leads him to the purgatory of sensationalism and forgetfulness. But nothing will erase her from my memory verses: "You know that a paper can cut like a knife? / Simple white paper, / not a letter written / bleed me today. "
Thursday, January 13
HAS LOVED ME NO
nothing I like more than the gift of chance. And the random hand of my friend Almuzara, generous today shows me as a Neapolitan prince. Philippe Jaroussky and More Emanuel Cencic sing for me, just for me (or so I feel) unpublished pieces of Baroque music: "Chi d'Amor work Catene him / possesses a sucker giorno foot ... "(Who love in chains / tangled one day unwary foot / into the abyss of penalties / hapless must fall). In their voices, manly women, burn all the anguish of these days, it becomes smoke rising into the sky and the sky turned into touch again ...
"I've loved and flee for your years ...." I wish I was also able to turn this pain into music.
Friday, January 14
FOR SILVIA Ugidos
In a number of yellowish Top meeting, signed by Eugenio d'Ors, a little story that copy here and I like to dedicate to my friend Silvia. Reigned on earth one day because of an appalling epidemic, plague so great that the task of San Pedro at the gates of Paradise was exhausting. Surrendered and decided to go to sleep, closing the gate on the nose of souls to spend the night in the open if they wanted, he would not pull back the latch by anyone. A huge outcry was raised then. And each one to get, with piety, exception, claimed credit for their misfortunes and sufferings. "I went, by mistake, half my life in jail," claimed one. "I've been married three times, each time with mother and sisters", was pushing other ... The Saint remained inflexible. Finally, a nostalgic soul, came over and said: "I, after three years in Paris, I spent the rest of my adult life in Oviedo." "Come in, then consented to San Pedro, compassion.
0 comments:
Post a Comment