Preamble
More than two months without updating, I know. It was difficult when I can connect and the connection is very slow, some pages do not open or end up doing other things, like checking email, myspace or hi5 and the result is that I have not written anything in the blog.
have been left out several issues: concerts, meetings with friends, reviews of books, movies ... things I think leave here and I can not.
Well, both actually preamble is because I do not know how to begin. Took weeks knowing that I write this post and now that I start I can not think how to start. Let's see, then.
Forum
Cultures is a concert theme. One that will be on Saturday September 22 at night. Will be in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, in a place called "Of the 400 Years" and is in the center of the city. Is a free event, massive, massive or slightly because that'll have to see for myself.
The square will supposedly fit 5 thousand people and the concert will be held under the Universal Forum of Cultures 2007 , second edition of an international event in Barcelona in 2004 and is characterized by several months (three to five) exhibitions, conferences, concerts and other cultural activities, with the themes of "Diversity Cultural "," Peace "and" Sustainable Development. "
In Spain, the first Forum [honestly, I have serious doubts about what "forum" to be accentuated and would prefer to call it simply "forum", but anyway] lasted 141 days (5 months, from January to September) and says he received more than 3 million people.
Among the personalities of the first edition, were Mikhail Gorbachev, José Saramago, Rigoberta Menchú, Fernando Henrique Cardoso, Juan Luis Cebrian, Adela Cortina, Baltasar Garzon, Ignacio Ramonet, Adolfo Perez Esquivel, Salman Rushdie and Alain Touraine. For Mexico, involved the Papantla Flyers, Carlos Fuentes and Sealtiel Alatriste, among others.
On the artistic side, were Pina Bausch, Mikhail Baryshnikov, Sting, Bob Dylan, Phil Collins, Lenny Kravitz, Víctor Manuel, Ana Belén, Pablo Milanes, Pedro Guerra, Joaquin Sabina, Joan Manoel Serrat, Cesaria Evora, Mikis Theodorakis and Chambao. Speaking
figures Forum 2004 was more than 20 exhibitions, 400 concerts, 170 bands, 60 shows of street theater companies, dance, cabaret and circus performances, interactive installations and dozens of additional cultural activities.
Monterrey Forum
This year, the Forum will be held in Mexico from September 20 to December 8 in the northern city of Monterrey. Personally, I doubt they would compare with that of Barcelona, \u200b\u200bbut I think that this is not reason to revile.
This time, expect more than a thousand events during the 80-day forum, which will be organized into four thematic areas: the aforementioned "Cultural Diversity", "Peace" and "Sustainability" and a room devoted to "Knowledge."
Activities are also organized in three formats: "Dialogues", "Exhibition" and "Cultural Expressions." The first, in turn, has the themes of "Peace and Spirituality, Education, Science and Technology", "Cities and Population", "Knowledge Based Development," "Culture of Health and Quality of Life" "Governance and Participation, Human Rights and Justice" "Identity and Diversity" and "Communication."
is important to note that the Forum is sponsored by UNESCO and this edition of only three months, however, is unprecedented in Latin America. Expected, for example, nearly 2 million attendees, about 410 speakers, 14 presentations and over a thousand activities of dance, music, theater and circus.
will be 56 countries represented, about 100 participating universities, 150 international organizations, 10 global meetings, about 3 thousand artists and intellectuals, 3 000 works on display as well as 30 national and 26 foreign museums.
Among the speakers announced are Mario Molina, Samuel Ruiz, César Cansino, Judith Bokser, Miguel Angel Granados Chapa, Daniel Cazes, Lydia Cacho, Gloria Ramirez, Sandra Cisneros, Enrique Krauze, Mario Vargas Llosa, Michel Wieviorka and Ignacio Ramonet, while in Music concerts will be part of Fito Paez, El Gran Silencio, Plastilina Mosh, Jumbo, Inspector, Jaguar, Patita Dog, Oscar Chavez, The Folklore, Tania Libertad, Lila Downs, Astrid Hadad, Regina Orozco, Eugenia León, Ojos de Brujo and Goran Bregovic.
Two other features of the Forum concerning the pre-planning and its immediate significance in the local area. With respect the former, it is known that preparations began months in advance, as it took a "master plan urban infrastructure, through which were remodeled and created the necessary space to host events and welcome the attendees.
Regarding its importance, it is said (or at least intended) that your event will transform the host locations. And certainly it is expected that in tourism has an important significance for the city. Not only that, while writing this text I received, here in Mexico City, brochures of the forum and heard someone tell another phone that was a few weeks to work there and pay him very well, I assume it will also provide hundreds or thousands of jobs, which is not for nothing. Goran Bregovic
, the Gypsy who visit Mexico
And after all this, I now give a personal explanation of why go to the forum, lightning visit to this city that is unknown to me (with me Briz, a friend of several years, who are sure to love the impromptu trip.)
The reason is simple. Of the hundreds of participants, the presence of Goran Bregovic is what I find to be missed. Everything I wrote would not know if it was not because of chance I read his name in a booklet and checked its performance by visiting the website of the Forum and Bregovic himself, in his concert schedule.
I have at least 10 years waiting for this visit, I always imagined would happen in Mexico City, not county. I know that he knows Bregovic in Argentina and Chile, but Mexico is practically unknown.
When someone asks me the kind of music I hear, I answer without hesitation that gypsy music, Balkan gypsy to be precise. And actually what I mean is that I hear Goran Bregovic. Of course, as the Romanian Taraf de Haïdouks and of course the Yugoslav also Emir Kusturica and No Smoking Orchestra .
But Bregovic is the first, no doubt. "Talijanska", "Kalasnjikov", "Sheva", "Ederlezi", "Hop Hop Hop", "In The Deathcar" or "Borino Gold" are songs (with some ska with some punk rock enough) I can hear over and over again with no hassles. Even the dance and that I have no idea how to dance or if they are dancing.
Nor are familiar to me the Cyrillic alphabet, and the Balkan languages, but those rhythms and sounds make me feel part of something, let alone touch them or say who of those who also enjoy them. So I am Roma and even happier I become.
As almost anyone who knows him, knew of his music for film. "Underground", this film in Mexico Kusturica liked it so much, when he arrived in 1996, was too short for my taste in music.
first thing I did was order the soundtrack on Mix Up, to return to hear that little tune as the band improvised, as provincial on either side, as rowdy and timeless, as sad and melancholy, like to party and funeral.
With the disc in my hands, several months after the assignment, I knew that the composer was Bregovic (bregovich ", say it says.) For that same time, I saw "Time of Gypsies", also scored by Kusturica and Goran. That movie made me fan of Kusturica's final film (or "kusturitza" for snobs purists), eager follower and aspiring Bregovic frantic (and pathetic, I suppose) of gypsy, say like that.
If you've seen "Black Cat, White Cat" tape also gypsies, imagine that I envied the hero and I love the Gitanita stated that it was his girlfriend! In fact, I still remember the name of the actress Branka Katic. Of that size, then, my divers.
Anyway, I'm not just me with this visit. Go to Monterrey only for a weekend is like crazy, more if I've never been there and more if I'm looking for a small square, a concert of two hours, which honestly doubt be filled with fans.
also be chasing a photo, video, some autograph and if it can be a improbabilísima interview. Take my DVD and CD covers for "Underground" (which incidentally have already signed Kusturica: "for Karl, Emir," says the inscription), "Time of Gypsies", "Arizona Dream", "La Reina Margot "and" Stories and Songs from Weddings and Funerals. " If I get a
interview (and if I get a translator), I will ask various things such as his recent involvement as an actor in the Italian film "The Days of Abandonment" (I saw a few months ago, also by chance), your next visit to Chile in early 2008 (of which I found out today and confirmed my friend Ale, via messenger), maybe some of his rift with Kusturica or their latest production "Karmen", which I assume refers to the English Gypsy everybody knows.
Anyway, I will need luck to all that happen. And perhaps fatally nothing happens. But who cares, I'll go and try. If it can be good, and if not well. I guess that's a gypsy attitude [and the failure of a condition], right? [Ooop!]
More than two months without updating, I know. It was difficult when I can connect and the connection is very slow, some pages do not open or end up doing other things, like checking email, myspace or hi5 and the result is that I have not written anything in the blog.
have been left out several issues: concerts, meetings with friends, reviews of books, movies ... things I think leave here and I can not. Well, both actually preamble is because I do not know how to begin. Took weeks knowing that I write this post and now that I start I can not think how to start. Let's see, then.
Forum
Cultures is a concert theme. One that will be on Saturday September 22 at night. Will be in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, in a place called "Of the 400 Years" and is in the center of the city. Is a free event, massive, massive or slightly because that'll have to see for myself.
The square will supposedly fit 5 thousand people and the concert will be held under the Universal Forum of Cultures 2007 , second edition of an international event in Barcelona in 2004 and is characterized by several months (three to five) exhibitions, conferences, concerts and other cultural activities, with the themes of "Diversity Cultural "," Peace "and" Sustainable Development. "
In Spain, the first Forum [honestly, I have serious doubts about what "forum" to be accentuated and would prefer to call it simply "forum", but anyway] lasted 141 days (5 months, from January to September) and says he received more than 3 million people.
Among the personalities of the first edition, were Mikhail Gorbachev, José Saramago, Rigoberta Menchú, Fernando Henrique Cardoso, Juan Luis Cebrian, Adela Cortina, Baltasar Garzon, Ignacio Ramonet, Adolfo Perez Esquivel, Salman Rushdie and Alain Touraine. For Mexico, involved the Papantla Flyers, Carlos Fuentes and Sealtiel Alatriste, among others.
On the artistic side, were Pina Bausch, Mikhail Baryshnikov, Sting, Bob Dylan, Phil Collins, Lenny Kravitz, Víctor Manuel, Ana Belén, Pablo Milanes, Pedro Guerra, Joaquin Sabina, Joan Manoel Serrat, Cesaria Evora, Mikis Theodorakis and Chambao. Speaking
figures Forum 2004 was more than 20 exhibitions, 400 concerts, 170 bands, 60 shows of street theater companies, dance, cabaret and circus performances, interactive installations and dozens of additional cultural activities.
Monterrey Forum
This year, the Forum will be held in Mexico from September 20 to December 8 in the northern city of Monterrey. Personally, I doubt they would compare with that of Barcelona, \u200b\u200bbut I think that this is not reason to revile.
This time, expect more than a thousand events during the 80-day forum, which will be organized into four thematic areas: the aforementioned "Cultural Diversity", "Peace" and "Sustainability" and a room devoted to "Knowledge." Activities are also organized in three formats: "Dialogues", "Exhibition" and "Cultural Expressions." The first, in turn, has the themes of "Peace and Spirituality, Education, Science and Technology", "Cities and Population", "Knowledge Based Development," "Culture of Health and Quality of Life" "Governance and Participation, Human Rights and Justice" "Identity and Diversity" and "Communication."
is important to note that the Forum is sponsored by UNESCO and this edition of only three months, however, is unprecedented in Latin America. Expected, for example, nearly 2 million attendees, about 410 speakers, 14 presentations and over a thousand activities of dance, music, theater and circus.
will be 56 countries represented, about 100 participating universities, 150 international organizations, 10 global meetings, about 3 thousand artists and intellectuals, 3 000 works on display as well as 30 national and 26 foreign museums.
Among the speakers announced are Mario Molina, Samuel Ruiz, César Cansino, Judith Bokser, Miguel Angel Granados Chapa, Daniel Cazes, Lydia Cacho, Gloria Ramirez, Sandra Cisneros, Enrique Krauze, Mario Vargas Llosa, Michel Wieviorka and Ignacio Ramonet, while in Music concerts will be part of Fito Paez, El Gran Silencio, Plastilina Mosh, Jumbo, Inspector, Jaguar, Patita Dog, Oscar Chavez, The Folklore, Tania Libertad, Lila Downs, Astrid Hadad, Regina Orozco, Eugenia León, Ojos de Brujo and Goran Bregovic.
Two other features of the Forum concerning the pre-planning and its immediate significance in the local area. With respect the former, it is known that preparations began months in advance, as it took a "master plan urban infrastructure, through which were remodeled and created the necessary space to host events and welcome the attendees.
Regarding its importance, it is said (or at least intended) that your event will transform the host locations. And certainly it is expected that in tourism has an important significance for the city. Not only that, while writing this text I received, here in Mexico City, brochures of the forum and heard someone tell another phone that was a few weeks to work there and pay him very well, I assume it will also provide hundreds or thousands of jobs, which is not for nothing. Goran Bregovic
, the Gypsy who visit Mexico
And after all this, I now give a personal explanation of why go to the forum, lightning visit to this city that is unknown to me (with me Briz, a friend of several years, who are sure to love the impromptu trip.)
The reason is simple. Of the hundreds of participants, the presence of Goran Bregovic is what I find to be missed. Everything I wrote would not know if it was not because of chance I read his name in a booklet and checked its performance by visiting the website of the Forum and Bregovic himself, in his concert schedule. I have at least 10 years waiting for this visit, I always imagined would happen in Mexico City, not county. I know that he knows Bregovic in Argentina and Chile, but Mexico is practically unknown.
When someone asks me the kind of music I hear, I answer without hesitation that gypsy music, Balkan gypsy to be precise. And actually what I mean is that I hear Goran Bregovic. Of course, as the Romanian Taraf de Haïdouks and of course the Yugoslav also Emir Kusturica and No Smoking Orchestra .
But Bregovic is the first, no doubt. "Talijanska", "Kalasnjikov", "Sheva", "Ederlezi", "Hop Hop Hop", "In The Deathcar" or "Borino Gold" are songs (with some ska with some punk rock enough) I can hear over and over again with no hassles. Even the dance and that I have no idea how to dance or if they are dancing.
Nor are familiar to me the Cyrillic alphabet, and the Balkan languages, but those rhythms and sounds make me feel part of something, let alone touch them or say who of those who also enjoy them. So I am Roma and even happier I become.
As almost anyone who knows him, knew of his music for film. "Underground", this film in Mexico Kusturica liked it so much, when he arrived in 1996, was too short for my taste in music.
first thing I did was order the soundtrack on Mix Up, to return to hear that little tune as the band improvised, as provincial on either side, as rowdy and timeless, as sad and melancholy, like to party and funeral.
With the disc in my hands, several months after the assignment, I knew that the composer was Bregovic (bregovich ", say it says.) For that same time, I saw "Time of Gypsies", also scored by Kusturica and Goran. That movie made me fan of Kusturica's final film (or "kusturitza" for snobs purists), eager follower and aspiring Bregovic frantic (and pathetic, I suppose) of gypsy, say like that.
If you've seen "Black Cat, White Cat" tape also gypsies, imagine that I envied the hero and I love the Gitanita stated that it was his girlfriend! In fact, I still remember the name of the actress Branka Katic. Of that size, then, my divers.
Anyway, I'm not just me with this visit. Go to Monterrey only for a weekend is like crazy, more if I've never been there and more if I'm looking for a small square, a concert of two hours, which honestly doubt be filled with fans.
also be chasing a photo, video, some autograph and if it can be a improbabilísima interview. Take my DVD and CD covers for "Underground" (which incidentally have already signed Kusturica: "for Karl, Emir," says the inscription), "Time of Gypsies", "Arizona Dream", "La Reina Margot "and" Stories and Songs from Weddings and Funerals. " If I get a
interview (and if I get a translator), I will ask various things such as his recent involvement as an actor in the Italian film "The Days of Abandonment" (I saw a few months ago, also by chance), your next visit to Chile in early 2008 (of which I found out today and confirmed my friend Ale, via messenger), maybe some of his rift with Kusturica or their latest production "Karmen", which I assume refers to the English Gypsy everybody knows.
Anyway, I will need luck to all that happen. And perhaps fatally nothing happens. But who cares, I'll go and try. If it can be good, and if not well. I guess that's a gypsy attitude [and the failure of a condition], right? [Ooop!]
That
0 comments:
Post a Comment