Uncertainty Porteño, the word strange habits sponsored
Monday, April 23, 2007
Im Searching For Feetie Pajamas
Today is World Book Day in Spain.
a couple of weeks ago in a photolog Internet, I learned of a call for "sponsoring a word." This is an initiative of the School of Writers of Madrid and the Escola d'scripture Ateneo de Barcelona .
Today, April 23, the call was closed with about 11,000 words sponsored. Participate (participate) more than 21 thousand people from 69 countries and as a result the site was created Word Book, which aims "Keep alive the words which have fallen into disuse and the words that speakers are threatened by poverty lexical foreign words or euphemisms."
The project was supported by "godfathers of honor" among whom were Luis Eduardo Aute, Alex Grijelmo, Juan Marse and Enrique Vila-Matas, among others.
Some of the words were sponsored: commotion, gaznápiro, sill, listening, and piggy gadget.
The word I sponsor may not be endangered, but which, according to the rules of participation, I consider "mine" and "I would like to continue to live when I'm gone."
Uncertainty "Uncertainty" is a word sometimes, some are afraid, others do not. People want certainty, control, most think like "fate" because it gives security. Uncertainty, however, like those who want freedom, who is open to the possibilities and accepts the consequences of their actions, provided they are yours. I like uncertainty for all the words surrounding it, is a cousin or sister of random coincidences and chance, novelty and freedom, responsibility and irresponsibility.
Ya. wanted to drop by here, to remember. And to others, what words they are entitled? I wish I knew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment